Transactional emails are very dissimilar from marketing emails and they necessitate a purpose-built service. In this post, we’ve curved up the best transactional email facilities and traveled to each one to give you a better idea of which email platform is right for your needs.
While all these platforms share some features, each one has its own assets that you should take into an explanation before you subscribe. You’ll want to pay close courtesy to what each of them has in store for its users.
What Is a Transactional Email Service?
A transactional email facility is an application that sends automated, business-to-user emails activated by specific events on a website or in an app. These emails are prompt and cannot be scheduled. The nature of transactional emails necessitates fast transfer to the inbox, dynamic personalization, and high-security procedures.
To send out these messages, a transactional email service characteristically offers two methods: SMTP relay and transactional email API. These methods permit sending large email volumes daily and safeguard the excellent deliverability of serious customer updates.
Perhaps terms like SMTP or API sound too cranky. Don’t moisture it! Not all transactional email workers necessitate coding skills to set up and use their services. You can pick a platform with an accessible edge and send transactional emails from there.
What is the Best Transactional Email Service?
In our list, we’ve assembled the best service earners for any need. Some of them switch both promotional and transactional emails under one roof, while others are devoted SMTP relay services concentrating on transactional email sending.
Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a supple and cost-effective emailing software that trusts Amazon’s substructure. With Amazon SES, you can simply send notifications and transactional emails to your users and keep in touch with them.
Since it’s made by Amazon, you can be certain it’s going to be dependable and full of features. Amazon SES offers outstanding deliverability, with lithe IP deployment and email authentication options. It’s rapid and easy to implement, protected, and integrates seamlessly with other Amazon services. This makes it a faultless solution if you’re previously using AWS or EC2.
Amazon SES is dependable email-sending software for businesses of all sizes to monogram their content in order to engage more customers. You can use different approaches like the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) interface, AWS, or Amazon SES console to participate and straight send emails from this service. Amazon SES permits you to produce rules for the emails using the outline sets feature, and it offers a free version for the first 62000 emails every month trailed by some premium plans to fit any requirement.
- The setup is straightforward
- It permits you to send 62000 free emails monthly
- It offers operative monitoring for email limits
- It has devoted IP addresses
- Mailbox Simulator
- Junk check
- Click through the tracking
- The only con is since it only delivers valid cases, it gets complicated once you need a sandbox atmosphere to set up
Pricing: Amazon SES costs $0.10 per 1,000 emails you send. If you’re sending from a submission hosted in Amazon EC2, the first 62,000 monthly emails are free. There are numerous other additional charges and optional extras which you can find on their valuing page.
Mailjet is a humble and feature-rich email software for transactional emails that you can indicate for your business. You can create, achieve and enhance your emails with Mailjet and create personalized templates and content for your customers. Mailjet’s Email automation facility lets you create on-time and appealing email messages and its powerful templating language permits you to rapidly craft highly modified transactional emails.
You can get started with MailJet in minutes and send, schedule, and track emails using either SMTP or RESTful API. The templating language allows you to engrave your transactional emails with rings, conditionals, and functions. You can also show how the emails will look to your receivers on dissimilar devices. The biggest disadvantage with MailJet is that their customer support seems to be lacking. A lot of evaluations point out that they’re not receptive when you need help and struggle to acceptably address matters and complaints.
You can also segment the contact list by preference, demographic or past performances to send the right modified content to your customers.
- Inclusive Email tracking system
- In-app observing feature
- Devoted IP and A/B test
- Email subdivision and statistics
- Real-time monitoring and statistic
- Email builder and customizer
- Free 6000 Emails per month plan (No credit card required)
- Imperfect automation options
- No deliberate pricing system
Price: Free Plan: $0 with 6,000 emails/month, Basic plan $15 per month for 30000 emails, Premium plan $25 per month for 30000 emails, Enterprise modified solution request a quote
Mailgun is an email authentication service that lets you effortlessly send emails from your own domain. It also lets you track your sent email presentation by robust open, click, bounce, and transfer tracking features. It offers a complete cloud-based email service to send, obtain and track the emails that are through your website.
Using this software’s bright inbound routing and storage, you can pathway your emails and see where they ended up. One of the good things about MailGun is that each area is an isolated sub-account with its own column and reputation which makes it easier to send transactional emails.
Mailgun is a great transactional email service for many motives:
- HTTP API and SMTP endpoint
- Integrations with an extensive range of CMS solutions and frameworks
- Deliverability Service that consults users suffering matters with email deliverability
- Send time optimization, where the software holds an email until a receiver is involved with their inbox so the message seems at the top of the list to boost email appointments.
- Devoted IPs
- Webhooks to collect email memo data with webhooks
- Multi-user access
- The learning bend is steep. Non-tech users might find it too progressive a solution.
- Log holding is limited to a maximum of 30 days. On cheaper plans, log holding is only five days.
- Support options are limited and wait times can be long.
- Due to its suppleness with data handling, Mailgun’s reputation isn’t the best. It’s become a go-to solution for spammers and defrauders.
Pricing: Mailgun doesn’t offer a free plan. In the first month, you can send up to 5,000 free emails. Mailgun pricing starts at $35/month for 50,000 emails, five days of log retaining, and email address validation access. To entree devoted IP pools, SAML authentication, and send time optimization, you’ll need the top-tier plan, starting at $90/month
Sendinblue is an advanced solution for small and medium-sized businesses handling and trailing marketing and transactional emails.
Revising Sendinblue on Capterra we found out that this transactional software offers more automation and organization features than Mailchimp, and its pricing is much more reasonable. In addition, it delivers a friendly email design tool, outstanding reports, and progressive features such as A/B testing.
Email marketing and SMS marketing
You can use Sendinblue to project marketing emails and craft widespread campaigns. There are also A/B testing options to help you to enhance your campaigns and prompt chat functions.
As well as email purposes, Sendinblue also claims an advanced CRM that will permit you to achieve all of your customer relationships from one easy-to-use dashboard. You can establish all of your contacts into lists based on factors such as the foundation of gaining or where they are in your adaptation funnel.
Finally, Sendinblue landscapes a range of adaptation tools that can be used to produce your email list and drive sales and conversions. You can use Sendinblue to project high-converting landing pages, sign-up forms, and even Facebook Ad movements.
Overall, Sendinblue gets top marks from us. It has a great reputation among digital marketers and is the faultless option for businesses that want to consolidate their transactional email and email marketing errands in one easy-to-use tool.
- Contact organization
- Automation workflow designer
- Message archiving and logs
- Nicely-featured free plan with up to 300 Emails per day
- Numerous professional template projects
- Offers figures for engagement and deliverability
- There are no cons to it, excluding the part that it’s not optional if you need multiple logins and diverse user admission levels.
Pricing: Sendinblue has a free plan on which you can send up to 300 emails per day. Waged plans start at $25/month for up to 20,000 monthly emails.
Postmark is one of the finest emails sending software for sending time-sensitive transactional emails. It has a rapid and easy setup and content-ready receptive email templates.
If you need a little additional help, the Postmark support team is one of the best we’ve seen. They’re well-informed, receptive, and always helpful – 93% of users rate them as great. You can contact provision via phone, email, or live chat, or find the answer yourself in their extensive support center. Another cool thing about Postmarks is how see-through they are. They share their distribution speeds (Time to Inbox) and Uptime data openly on their status page, which shows they have nothing to hide.
At the time of writing, the regular Time to Inbox for emails sent to Gmail accounts is just 2.41 seconds, so you can be sure your customers will obtain your transactional emails more or less promptly. By steering transactional and advertising messages through parallel but distinct substructures, According to Capterra, Postmark offers one of the most reliable email transfer services obtainable.
- Status API and Templates
- Distribution and insights
- In-time test mutable updates
- Best time-sensitive distribution services
- It comes with a free trial
- It doesn’t offer passable premium referring or integration services
Pricing: Postmark offers manifold pricing plans for dissimilar monthly email volumes. Plans start from $10 per month for up to 10,000 emails (+$1.25 per extra 1,000 emails). If you send more than 300,000 emails per month, you can also purchase a devoted IP for $50 per month. A free trial (100 test emails) is obtainable with no credit card obligatory.
It has a few distinguished features. SparkPost uses analytics data to monitor ISP replies, mail bounces, and spam traps so you could address matters that avoid you from attaining your customers.
SparkPost also bids on an on-premise email solution called PowerMTA which recovers the rate and dependability that its users send their emails. There’s also an API addition so you could easily implant an email into your app, website, or products. With this, you’ll have control over SparkPost features that comprise the ability to modify templates, generate messages, and send emails. Of course, you’ll also have to enter performance data. The API feature uses SMTP so smooth legacy apps can work on the platform.
You can activate actions when an email is unlocked, bound, or clicked through using real-time webhooks (HTTP callbacks). As far as coding languages supported are anxious, you can use Node.js, C#, Python, Java, PHP, and Go.
- Obedience and enterprise support: Companies in industries with precise security and obedience regulations will find what they need in SparkPost.
- Detailed documentation: Spark Post’s inclusive documentation helps users steer the service’s complex features.
- Focused on the enterprise: SparkPost is focused on providing everything the largest businesses could need; as a result, its difficulty is too much for smaller businesses and startups.
- Mixed customer service replies: A woefully low score on Trust radius isn’t a good sign.
Pricing: SparkPost offers supple pricing plans based on how many emails you send. You can get started with a test account for free to send up to 100 emails per day. Paid plans start at $20 per month. Enterprise-grade plans are obtainable on appeal, but you’ll need to get in touch with SparkPost for a quote.
SendGrid has been in the email business for lengthier than most. What started as a humble email API back in 2009 has grown over the years into a full email platform covering an extensive range of services, including transactional email transfer and a great suite of email marketing tools. Plus, since SendGrid developed part of Twilio, clients can find an even broader range of customer engagement tools including SMS and WhatsApp.
Marketers and developers can take advantage of workwise designed email templates to put together awesome emails in an intuitive UI, then send them programmatically. You can participate in SendGrid with your website or app in minutes through their developer-friendly RESTful APIs and SMTP, with a public library for all the most popular programming languages and widespread documentation. SendGrid partners with leading mailboxes including Gmail and Microsoft. They’ve created a dependable infrastructure with automated column handling to maximize distribution rates. They also offer healthy security features counting two-factor verification, Teammate Permissions, Event Webhook security, TLS encoding, and more.
- Veteran player: SendGrid is the major and one of the oldest email service workers.
- A powerful all-in-one service: Customers looking for customer appointment tools, marketing automation, and transactional email all in one place will find SendGrid to be an attractive choice—especially now that it’s combined with parent business Twilio.
- Deliverability is mixed: SendGrid’s IPs infrequently see deliverability as matter, leading to mixed results for speed, quality, and dependability.
- Pay more for better service: Customers facing deliverability matters are typically counseled to upgrade to a more expensive plan with a dedicated IP. We think that’s not troubleshooting or customer service—it’s upselling.
- Choose your support level— “slow” or “luxurious”: Since Twilio is gaining by Twilio in 2019, some customers are grouchy about annoying customer support knowledge. Premium support is accessible but that costs extra.
Pricing: An allowed version of SendGrid is obtainable for up to 100 emails/day. Paid plans start at $14.95 per month for up to 100,000 emails. Plans counting a devoted IP and support for 1.5 million emails start at $89.95/month.